The past year has shown us that real estate is a timeless investment that can endure and even thrive in challenging economic conditions.
Accordingly, Luxury Portfolio International® has released its latest report, International Luxury Buyer Trends and Demand, which follows on our State of Luxury Real Estate 2021 report released in January.
Taking from the trends we identified in our initial State of Luxury Real Estate report, we find the international buyer is highly mobile, motivated by feelings of self-reliance, and after many months of time at home, is looking to add excitement and fun in his or her daily life.
- Investment properties and holiday residences are of top interest
- Proximity to nature is prioritized over proximity to the city
- Newer builds are preferred, namely those constructed during the last five years
- A list of top global property destinations for luxury buyers
- The primary reasons for international purchases
From a regional standpoint the U.S./Americas & Caribbean account for 37% of the interest from international luxury buyers, followed by Europe and the Middle East at 29%, and Asia at 18%. Narrowing location further, Hawaii is garnering the most attention – a noteworthy one in five (20%) international buyers have expressed interest.
Mickey Alam Khan, President of Luxury Portfolio International commented, “Hawaii tops the list for international property buyers, and if you’ve visited the Aloha State it’s easy to understand why. The islands boast pristine beaches, lush tropical greenery and incredible year-round temperatures. Our report shows affluent buyers are interested in regions which provide for their needs—great entertainment as well as investment opportunity and lifestyle enrichment.”
Take a deep dive into the mind of the affluent. Download International Luxury Buyer Trends and Demand.
- WATCH: News anchor turned real estate agent on new episode of Friday FacesReal Estate
- Canadians flocking to resort towns to escape city congestionReal Estate
- Establish routines to rein in work-from-home daysLifestyle
- Salone del Mobile in Milan celebrates sustainable and innovative designDesign
- Register for Luxury Portfolio magazine’s virtual launch partyReal Estate