Luxury Portfolio Press
July 12, 2021
The Future of High-end Home Design: Luxury Portfolio International® to Discuss Major Industry Changes with Leading Architects and Interior Designers
“Luxury Hour” webcast will offer insights into what’s on the horizon for new-home design and the remodeling of legacy upscale properties
NEW YORK, NY, July 12, 2021 – In the wake of more than 15 months of seismic shifts worldwide, what does the future of home design hold for luxury residences?
That will be the focus of an in-depth discussion next week between a quartet of top architects and interior designers: “Luxury Hour: Designing for Tomorrow: Home, Garden and Amenities Reimagined.”
Hosted by Luxury Portfolio International® (LPI) -- the luxury arm of Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®, the largest global network of premier locally branded firms -- the July 14th dialogue (11 a.m. to 12 p.m. ET) will underscore a myriad of pressing questions, from why there needs to be a new approach to luxury home design, to how recent changes in the way we live will impact everything from landscaping and gardens to the use of building materials.
“Even though some travel and work habits have resumed since the standstill of 2020, the entire concept of how our households function and what they represent in our day-to-day lives have been completely redefined, if not forever changed,” said Mickey Alam Khan, President of LPI and moderator of the panel. “We want to explore that ripple effect and the positive implications. What will the home of 2025 look like…or, for that matter, 2055?”
Featured speakers next week include:
- Timothy Corrigan, principal, Timothy Corrigan Inc.
- Alessandra Branca, principal, Branca
- Charles Hilton, principal, Charles Hilton Architects
- Brittany Chevalier McIntyre, executive editor, Luxe Interiors + Design
Additional topics slated for discussion are:
- Hub and spoke: Is that the way forward to treat the primary residence in relation to all work, play and home activities?
- What will the new homes and remodels look like?
- How will the landscaping and gardens evolve?
- Furniture and fixtures of the future
- Increased digitalization of the home and intuitive amenities
- Material changes: Taking a fresh look at stone, wood and composites
- Larger footprint means more energy use. Is sustainability on the retreat?
A link to
register for the event can be found here:
Attendees will be able to request a copy of the presentation once it concludes.
# # #
ABOUT LUXURY PORTFOLIO INTERNATIONAL® (LPI)
Luxury Portfolio International (luxuryportfolio.com) is the leading network of the world’s premier luxury real estate brokerages and their top agents, offering unparalleled marketing and intelligence services across the globe. It is the luxury arm of Leading Real Estate Companies of the World® the global network of top independent real estate firms, with 550 companies and 150,000 sales associates in 70 countries. Last year, network members participated in over 1.3 million global transactions. LPI attracts a global audience of visitors from over 200 countries/territories every month and markets more than 50,000 luxury homes annually. Well Connected.™
Source: Luxury Portfolio International®